January 21, 2010

Toy Society Drop: Zing the polite cat


Meet Zing, the polite cat. He comes from One Red Robin's pattern of the same name in the book Meet me at Mike's.

He is made from recycled materials including an old pair of purple jeans and a remnant of fabric my sister brought back from Nepal. I made him half-size, and the pattern was easy to follow.

I made him especially for a Toy Society drop (#945) - check out the site for more plushies!

I bundled him up and left him with a letter in an envelope explaining what the Toy Society is about, and a tag that said "Take me home - I'm yours".


I left him near a foot bridge in Telopea Park (Canberra, Australia) a few days ago (20 January 2010).

Somebody picked him up that same afternoon and sent a lovely email to the Toy Society straight away. It really made my day to see that email, and the accompanying photo.

I'm so glad I managed to get another toy out there, as I've been so distracted by Morsbags recently!


Related post: Toy Society Drop: Greggles

2 comments:

Anna Bartlett said...

That's terrific Jen. Love the idea of doing it half sized and that you actually got an email back. Great fun.

Lia said...

oooo I want to do this :)...not sure if people in Indonesia would report it back to the toy society, though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...